Cooking a pork roast takes little to no practice and it can be combined with many sides as it goes well with a variety of potato dishes, as well as other vegetables and salads. This savory dish will have you disregarding the traditional eating utensils and going at it by hand, as the crunchy pork skin simply isn’t the same if eaten with a fork. Follow this pork roast recipe for a delicious meal with little effort.
How to cook a pork roast
If you wonder how to roast pork perfectly, there are two things you should have in mind.
- Slow cooking method is always better. The longer you roast pork the more tender it will become.
- Beer is the key ingredient that makes the pork soft, juicy and crunchy at the same time.
As for which cut of pork to use for this recipe, I recommend a Whole Boneless Ham. Keep in mind that you don’t have to go out and look for the perfect cut. You can simply order it online and have it delivered to your door.
Chicago Steak Company – the Ultimate Meat Experience
Get 12 Free Burgers, Free Seasoning, and Free Shipping on Orders of $99+ with Code FREEGIFTS
And here is a step by step recipe for a pork roast you can use with any cut of pork:
- Wash the meat and pat it dry with paper towels.
- Make a couple cuts through the pork and rub it with sea salt. About 2 handfuls of salt for 8 pounds of pork.
- Put the pork in a baking tray so the skin (crackle) is at the bottom.
- Place it in a preheated oven at 250 degrees Celsius and reduce the temperature to 200 degrees.
- After 1,5 hours pour 3,5 ounces of beer over the pork and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Flip the pork on the other side and bake it 1,5 hours.
- Pour the same amount of beer over the pork and bake for 10 minutes.
How long does it take to roast pork
The total baking time is 3 hours and 20 minutes. If the pork is too fat, bake it longer than that at 200 degrees Celsius. The crackle should be golden and crispy.
How do you make pork soft and tender
Sea salt and a slow cooking method make the pork soft and falling apart. At the same time, beer gives the pork skin that sticky feeling and makes it juicy.
Do you cover a pork roast in the oven
If you want to get a crispy crackle, don’t cover pork when you bake it in the oven. Covering meat with foil can result in more tender meat but forget about crispness. Also, when you cover a pork roast, the baking time will be longer.
How do you keep a pork roast from drying out
When you bake a pork roast, half of the baking time, the crackle is on top. That is the fattest part of the meat and when it starts melting, it will consequently baste the bottom part of the pork so it won’t be dry.
How to serve pork roast
This pork roast recipe goes perfect with any vegetable roast. Here are some ideas for pork roast sides, salads and sauces:
- Potatoes in oven
- Fingerling potatoes
- Baked sweet potato fries
- Mashed potatoes
- Sautéed kale
- Brussel sprouts
- Cauliflower rice
- Mashed cauliflower
- Mashed celery
- Roasted carrots
Bone-in pork roast recipe
- 8 pounds pork
- 2 handful sea salt
- 7 ounces beer
- Wash the meat and pat dry it with paper towels. Make a couple cuts through the pork and rub it with sea salt. About 2 handfuls of salt for 8 pounds of pork.
- Place the pork in a baking tray so the skin (crackle) is at the bottom. Put it in a preheated oven at 250 degrees Celsius and reduce the temperature to 200 degrees.
- After 1,5 hours pour 3,5 ounces of beer over the pork and bake for an additional 10 minutes. Flip the pork on the other side and bake it 1,5 hours. Pour the same amount of beer over the pork and bake for 10 minutes.