Simple Umami Sauce
This sauce is very simple to make, and goes well with sirloin steaks and other types of beef, as well as chicken and roasts.
- 2 tsp date syrup or date sugar
- 1/2 tsp jarred tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp fresh ginger grated
- 1 tbsp blackstrap molasses
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 2 tsp white miso paste blended with 2 tbsp water
- 2 tsp blended peeled lemon
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
Heat up the vegetable broth in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and ginger and simmer for 3 minutes.
Stir in the molasses, tomato paste, black pepper and Date Syrup, and bring just to a boil.
Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 1-2 minutes
Remove from the heat, and then stir in the miso mixture, blended lemon, and rice vinegar. Taste and adjust the seasonings, if needed.
Allow the sauce to cool before pouring it in a jar or a glass bottle.