Paleo kimchi recipe
For those who are on paleo diet, here is a paleo kimchi recipe you can try.
Prep Time30 mins
Cook Time0 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 1 whole Napa cabbage
- 1 big cup of sliced carrots
- 3 tbsps of sea salt
- ¾ cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 pear, remove the skin
- ½ of sweet red apple
- 6 or 7 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tbsp grated ginger root
- 1 cup of diced scallions or green onions
- 1 tbsp of fish sauce
- 1 tbsp of Korean Gochugaru (or any other alternative)
Wash cabbage leaves but don’t separate them from the stem. Put salt on every leaf and leave it for at least three hours or until it is totally soaked in water. Rinse and drain the cabbage after that.
Mix other ingredients to make the paste.
Spread the paste across the cabbage leaves and make sure you cover every one of it.
Pack your kimchi in a nice big jar, but leave some space at the top. Don’t let the air inside the jar. Leave it in a dark room for two days and then put it in the fridge.